Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Clones

I’m back…a long hiatus that was…been verry busy. Ok so life is been weird. Pujo came and went, had some amazing moments in Pujo…few romantic ones in there as well actually. J The past month has been pretty happening otherwise as well. Another birthday came and went…a year older and hopefully a little bit wiser. One thing I really felt like doing this was a bitch slap to the world. What this means anyone…any relationship, any event that added extra stress to my already stressful existence is most welcome to leave. I want no jhamela…its just not worth it. The sooner we realize this, the better. Iv quit smoking but I wont lie the urge to sneak a lil one here and there is still pretty strong. As someone told me, the first cig can never be the last. Im only just beginning to understand this. Its tough but I will will quit J oooo and I got my nosey pierced AGAIN!!! It looks sooo cute and I look sooo pretty in it even if I do say so myself...hehehe…next stop tattoo destination!!!

Enough with the updates for those who don even care. I realized I like blogging cos it would allow me to be a narcissist without having to apologize for it. I can talk about myself and all of often random and sometimes weird thoughts without having to apologize for it. This is fun man. I mean I can talk like an expert and ppl wil just have to put up with me they just wouldn’t have a choice…hahhaa!!!

Ok ok! enough rambling about more or less nothing. Coming to the point of this blog, I thought I would write something the nature of conflict that our generation faces on a day to day basis and the problems that this would create for someone like me, a li’l bit of a convert to the so called ‘in crowd’ despite the fact that at heart I think I’m still a little bit of a geek even now.

As progressive as urban society claims itself to be there are still certain targets that each one is supposed to hit for them to be considered a person worthy of a second glance, a conversation or even respect. One would need to dress a certain way, speak in a certain manner, know some amount of English listen to the rock, hip hop, jazz and some other such music. The thinner u are the more sexy u wud be …the more you could throw attitude around the more people would want to be your friend. Despite these there would have to be a ceratin level of balancing, as in attitude which is fake is sooo not happening. Drinking is totally cool, smoking might not be as cool but it is atleast somewhere in the league… someone who smokes up is an intellectual. They are the ones who know the real meaning of life. Im not saying im any better. I feel a certain kind of respect for ppl who can balance the work hard party harder routine, cos frankly im still one of those who would like nothing better to sit at home with a book on a weekend and read and watch TV and just listen my sad music and write some sadder blog!!!

But then that makes me boring. I don’t know the meaning of a good life, the meaning of having fun. Im what people call a ghati… I could not help but wonder however, what about others like me. I mean I could not be the only who in this mad rush called life does not like a mad rush in the weekend or a day off. There must be others who would like to spend time with themselves, cook, clean and just be. And the weirdest thing of all is, if someone was to tell me this, if someone was to come to me and tell me that they spent the weekly off in seclusion, sleeping or doing their own instead of going out and having a ball I would judge the person as being a bore as well. So I am a victim of the same cultural divide that seems to be dividing us all.

We all want to be wanted, desired, look good and feel greater, but in this mad rush of capitalist pleasure are we leaving behind the very crux of capitalist thought-that of being an individual and respecting the individuality that makes each of us different from the others??? Are we becoming clones of one another, programmed to do the same things, members of a crowd, a multitude, programmed to laugh and sneer at the loser who is not part of the gang, feel sad if left out of party invites, like an absolute and total failure if we are not part of a couple but living life as a single in the so called city…I don’t really know how to make sense of all this…but one thing I do know is that it is becoming slowly tougher to distinguish girls one from the other at malls and bars and restaurants since they all dress, act and talk in the same manner. Science is far behind. We are doing the job of producing clones all on our own and doing it well it would seem…

I just wonder at the fruitlessness of it all…I just wonder…

3 comments:

  1. basically u r askin w many people hav the balls to be just themselves... the answer as u know is very few...bt hey thats wat makes the diff between the sheep n the human beings....y so serious???relax n just be urself...n nyone who cares will like u no mattr wat...n those who dont will wanna be u..n never be u..hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing a post in answer to this... :)
    come over
    mwaaaaah
    http://quixotic-deceit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. being a narcissist means not apologising for it...
    :)

    ReplyDelete