Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I wonder...

The driver to the office cab was feeling mighty chatty today...madam ap kahan se ho...kitna umar hai..kitna bhi behen hai...N i just felt mighty irritated...why cant he just mind his own business I wondered...Uff so bugging baba...Just out of sheer irritation and a lil bit of wanting to not talk bout me to a lowly driver I asked him..Bhaiya apka ghar kahan hai...He told me he doesnt go home more than once a week...rest of the time he sleeps in the car itself..."ek hi problem hai ab...pankha rehta tha gadi mein na to neend a jata tha malik ne pankha hata diya hai to thoda problem hai"with an accompanying smile. I wonder where has the human me had gone...is it dead???Could it be that a long fight with a bad illness has made me impervious to anyone's problems but my own...or has the rush of materialism reached such a pinnacle that I can no longer think, see, hear, or feel beyond myself...I just wonder....

4 comments:

  1. Hummm,,, perhaps we all need to step back and think! its about time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not u, its just "us"! the fact that u r contemplating at what you heard shows u still have "it"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "lowly driver"....
    annoyed... real annoyed...
    no excuses miss garg

    ReplyDelete